Schramm Education Center
Celebrate Nebraska pollinators at the Schramm Pollinator Party! The Schramm Education Center will be hosting a Pollinator Party family event on Saturday, June 25th from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm in partnership with the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) Bee Lab, Nebraska Extension, the UNL Entomology Department, and Nebraska Public Media. This event is taking place as part of a statewide celebration of Nebraska Pollinator Week and is free and open to the public. Activities for all ages will be set up outside and in the Schramm Education Center Classroom. At this event, you can:
· See live honey bees and other live insects
· Help survey the Schramm prairie for insects in a prairie pollinator bioblitz
· Make pollinator crafts and play pollinator games
· Learn and ask questions about both managed and wild bees
· Extract and bottle your own honey for purchase and taste different types of honey
· Learn about the new film "My Garden of a Thousand Bees" now streaming on PBS
· Meet a Nebraska Extension Master Gardener and Nebraska Extension Entomologist to get your garden and urban entomology questions answered
· Learn about pollinator community science opportunities in Nebraska and take a look at some Nebraska butterflies
· Make a milkweed seed ball to take home
· And more!
Attend to help celebrate pollinators in Nebraska, learn more about pollination and pollinators, and explore how you can help local pollinators. Participation in the event is free, but regular admission costs will apply for any visitors wishing to explore the Education Center in addition to the event. Admission to the Education Center is $10 per adult, $7 per senior ages 60+, $7 per child ages 4-12 and free for youth 3 and under.
Contact Jen Ruyle, Outdoor Education Specialist, with questions about this event: [email protected] or 402-332-5022.